Nowadays there is quite a big trend around ecological design, natural cosmetics, and organic food. More and more people get interested in preserving the environment, harming less animals, and exploring plant-based diets. Together with change of their lifestyles, people become more curious and try to discover what they eat, drink, and use in their daily care. The cosmetic companies have also drastically modified their advertising campaigns, their labeling, and generally the ingredients they are using, slowing moving towards more and more natural formulas.
Exclusively, for the new wave of vegans or anyone who detests ingredients of animal origin in their cosmetics, unique companies have created vegetable creams, lotion and makeup products. Sometimes however, ingredients of animal origin are included exactly where you don’t expect them to appear. For example, did you know that most of the cosmetic brands use an ingredient called herring, an animal component for producing nail polishes? Exactly herring is that secret element that gives the nail polish the glow we are so used to. Here are few companies that produce vegan nail polishes.
- 100% pure is a company that produces natural cosmetics, from nail polishes to foundations, and even fruit dyed makeup. Keep in mind that not all of their products are vegan, but most of the nail polishes are. They also have an exciting pallete of colours: truffle, velouria, deep sea, winter melon, juice, tomato, and many more. These names of nail polishes sound almost eatable. At 100% pure you can also buy a set of natural products, and your money will be fully donated for saving an animal, to be precise the campaign is called One Love Animal Rescue. How cute is that?
- Ela + Milla produces professional, vegan and cruelty-free nail polishes. This company is perfect for nail artists, that need a lot of good quality polishes, but also detest the animal ingredients in the classic nail formulas. Ela + Milla ships to 132 countries and is even offering a wholesale discount. Some of their colors are: don’t be blue, wine me up, pretty princess, lost in love, yacht club. The website also provides pictures of how the nail polish actually looks on nails, which is a big plus.
- RGB cosmetics is another nail polish focused firm with a lovely motto: Modern essentials for better nail coloring and care. They products are vegan, gluten-free, fair-trade and use no animal testing. It’s a minimalist company, which not only produces nail products, but also seriously tries to educate and explain all of aspects of nail caring.
- Mineral Fusion produces nail polishes, but also various beautifying products. Their idea is focused on usage of best minerals, but including no gluten, paraben, SLS, phthalates, artificial colors and synthetic fragrances in their cosmetics. All of their products are vegetarian, but no all of them are vegan. Their polishes come in matte or sparkle, in black or white, in neutral or bright.
- Zoya is yet another brand, focused exclusively on nail and lip care. They however have probably one of the largest pallets of colors, an amazingly big number of tones. Plus, the price is all the same for all nail polishes, which is 10$.