A red lipstick, a small black dress and a fresh glowing skin – these are 3 essentials all women had, have, and always will have. Red lipsticks come in so many shades these days, you have to be a professional makeup artist to choose the correct one, however here you can find few crucial tips to keep in mind when choosing, buying and applying red lipstick.
- Before applying a red shade on your lips, always exfoliate and hydrate your lips. There is nothing worse than a bright color on dry lips. Remember, when you apply a red lipstick all the attention will be focused on your lips, so making sure they are fresh and moist is the most important thing.
- If you are using red lipstick during the day, try to choose lighter shades. Do not go all the way to strong, matte or extremely glossy lipsticks and avoid putting too much makeup on your eyes. During the daytime, a combination of a collar red with black mascara and a fresh skin tone is perfect. During the nighttime, you can play with color and use brighter and shier tones.
- Think about seasons, an extremely dark red lipstick during a cocktail night in summer can look ridiculous, same, as a bright pink-red lipstick can play bad on you during an official meeting in winter.
- If you plan to eat, drink or party all night, apply a lip pencil with a matching color first, then two or three layers of lipstick. Even though, this will assure you that the lipstick will last long, always take it with you. Once you visit the ladies room, try to retouch and keep your lips moist and juicy.
- Use a lip brush, if you have one or invest into one. Lip brushes can take the red lips to a whole new level. You will be able to applying more layers without overpowering your look and you’ll be able to draw more precise, contoured lines.
- Combine the lipstick with your clothes, and think about your complete look. There is a great virtue of using a bright red lip in a completely black matte look, but at the same time red lips look amusing in combination with too many colors.
- If you have light skin, hunt for coral reds or reds with a hint of orange. If you have medium skin, use pink reds. If you have dark skin, use cool-based reds, coming all the way to fig-violet tones.
- Make sure you don’t have any lipstick on your teeth. Before going out always double check you didn’t accidentally apply lip color to teeth. A good rule to keep in mind is always pat drying your lips after you’ve built the first layer of lipstick, this will assure your teeth are completely clean.
Speaking of teeth, invest into whitening, because red lipstick looks absolutely amazing in contrast a white and clear smile.
And don’t forget, if you decide to wear a red lipstick, be confident! Be yourself and be gorgeous!